[AccessD] Automation error with Outlook 2003

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Wed Feb 1 22:19:35 CST 2006

LOL.  And why is a printer hooking office apps?

Good catch!

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Doug Murphy
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:37 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Automation error with Outlook 2003

Hi John,

That was the general thrust of most of the stuff I found on the web.  I
finally found a thread on one of the information lists that had the same
error, code, etc and the guy said that he had a resoponse from MS $ per call
help to modify the code as follows.

Set oOut = CreateObject("Outlook.Application", "localhost")

I tried this and it worked to the point where I found the real problem with
Outlook. The problem was that Outlook was set to use Word as it e-mail
editor and we have a Dimo printer installed on the lap top that puts hooks
into all the Office programs.  The Dimo macros were trying to fire when
Outlook created the e-mail in Word.  What a convoluted web MS allows us to
create.  Thank goodnes for the web and search engines.  MS had nothing on
any of this.

I change the e-mail editor for Outlook to HTML and used the above code and
all is well.  Maybe this will save some one else the couple of hours I
screwed with this.

Thanks for your input.

Doug