[AccessD] PDF printer driver and SDK

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 7 10:46:49 CST 2006

Hi William and John

They are very different.

The neevia thingy prints to an installed neevia printer object, which can output in many other format than PDF (could be very useful), while Leban's dlls generate PDF files directly from the report or from a snapshot file.

This neevia example:
  Example 7 Convert a MS Access report into PDF from Visual Basic  56
does nothing more than open Access, change the default printer to the special printer, choose PDF format, print the report, set back the default printer.

No matter how small the license is, it can cause issues at clients regarding approval and administration. Thus, we mostly use the free PDF printer from:

  http://freepdfxp.de/fpxp.htm

Note the Administration Manual and the (small) resource kit.
It uses the Apple Postscript driver and Ghostscript to produce high-quality output.

For more specialized purposes, Leban's dlls are worth a look.
/gustav

>>> wdhindman at bellsouth.net 07-02-2006 11:57:27 >>>
...what functionality does it provide that isn't available in Leban's free
code?
http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm

William