[AccessD] PDF printer driver and SDK

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 7 11:28:46 CST 2006

Gustav/JC

...I tried using Ghostscript a few years back when I was experimenting with
pdf conversion and it had some serious flaws at the time that made me remove
it from my system ...I never tried it again ...before Lebans put out his
dlls and code, I used a few different freeware pdf printers with varying
quality in the conversion ...since converting to Lebans dlls I've not had
any problems and the conversion quality has been excellent as long as you
follow his rules ...and his dlls require no money, no registry entrys, no
referencing, and have no versioning or licensing issues which endears them
to me for client distribution and maintenance.

...as for what it will do compared to JC's list I don't know since a
straight conversion is all I've ever required ...since I own Accrobat, I've
always used it to make any pdf edits I need ...the dll functions do handle
compression level and passwording but beyond that I've not had a need ...and
since I no longer use VB (VB.NET is driving me nuts though) that
functionality is also beyond my needs or expertise.

...each of us has his own way of doing things ...lately I've even started
using some unbound forms because they let me address some multi-user issues
that I just couldn't solve with bound ones ...much as it pains me to say so
:)

William