[AccessD] Field Entry question

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 13:43:29 CST 2006

Change the SQL of the form to

  SELECT [20ACCTEXT].MEMO_KEY, [20ACCTEXT].MEMO_LINE,
[Memo_Key]  FROM 20ACCTEXT;

  Then on your subform add a text box and add set the Control Source property to Left([Memo_Key],5)  and set the caption of this text box's  lable to IncNum

Joe Hecht <jmhecht at earthlink.net> wrote:
  I have a subform based on the following sql statement

SELECT [20ACCTEXT].MEMO_KEY, [20ACCTEXT].MEMO_LINE,
Left([Memo_Key],5) AS IncNum

FROM 20ACCTEXT;

When I try to enter a new record I get an error saying
IncNum (a hidden field used as link to parent records) is an
expression and con not be edited.

If I manually clear the two errors generated everything
continues ok. Is there a way to suppress the two errors.

Thanks

Joe Hecht

jmhecht at earthlink.net

May God bless you beyond your imagination!
Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us