[AccessD] OutputTo

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Fri Feb 10 18:21:05 CST 2006

Folks,

This is an FYI. Maybe it will save some one some time or one of you can
explain the cause.  I use the snapshot functionality in Access so folks can
send formated copies of reports (Yes I am converting to a built in pdf
creator, but for now snapshots work and I don't have to buy anything)  Have
had good luck with the snapshots since we convereted our runtime to Access
2002.

Today a customer called that we did a customization for to say that the
output report as snapshot was giving an error of "The report snapshot was
not created because you don't have enough free disk space .....". I can
creat the error on my development machine.  Checked the usual problems of
faulty path, illegal characters, etc, and not satisfaction.  I then started
playing with the length of the file path.  Turns out if the path length,
including the snapshot file name and extension is longer than 126 characters
you get the error.  If the length is 126 or less it works as advertised.
Weird!

If anyone has a reason for this behavior I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Doug