[AccessD] Email using SMTP

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 12 10:12:20 CST 2006

Hi Max

FreePOP may lack some features (I've not used it):

  http://www.harm.net/FreePOP

However, I've used two (not free but not expensive) POP3 tools, the DLL from

  http://www.marshallsoft.com

and the very powerful ocx from Chilkat:

  http://www.chilkatsoft.com/email-activex.asp

Both feature excellent service which alone may very well be worth the money you pay.

/gustav

>>> max at sherman.org.uk 12-02-2006 16:27:58 >>>
Thanks Marty, none of these did the trick, but they did start me hopping
across the sites.  I eventually came up with FREEPOP which I have started
making use of.  It describes itself as:

FreePOP is an ActiveX control that allows read/write access to a POP3
mailbox and the messages in the mailbox. This ActiveX control was developed
with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0-SP4.

Possible uses:
FreePOP allows you to find out the number of unread messages in a POP3
mailbox.
FreePOP allows you access to the various headers of a message (i.e. Subject,
Date, From, etc.)
FreePOP allows you to retrieve the contents of a message.
FreePOP allows you to selectively delete a message.
FreePOP allows you to read a message directly into a file.

Documentation is good and I had it working in no time at all.  I just need
to program it in so that it operates in the way I want.

Thanks for kick-starting me.
Regards
Max