[AccessD] OT: Quote of the day

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 15 03:06:44 CST 2006

On 15 Feb 2006 at 11:55, Shamil Salakhetdinov wrote:

> "It's my experience that coming up with an elegant solution is deeply
> satisfying at an entirely different level; it feels closer to art than
> technology. And elegance always pays off; it's not a frivolous pursuit. Not
> only does it give you a program that's easier to build and debug, but it's
> also easier to understand and maintain, and that's where the financial value
> lies."
>
> Thinking in C++, 2nd ed. Volume 1
> ©2000 by Bruce Eckel

There are those who will tell you that programming is simply a matter of
combining various elements so that they work together correctly to produce
a desired result. This description is accurate, but it is cut-and-dried
explanation of what is really an art. Programming is more a matter of
artistry than anything else. Whether you're a painter, sculptor, writer, or
programmer, a creative, careful approach and good intuition are necessary
to ensure a successful outcome.

Susanne Marie Rodriguez. Ashton-Tate & Framework
--
Stuart