[AccessD] OT: Quote of the day

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 15 08:32:04 CST 2006

I'm not a technical minded person -- I only make my living this way because
it's what presented itself at a time when I needed it. It was means, not a
passion by any means. I'd had to overcome a lot, because my mind doesn't
translate binary automatically (well, I'm sure it does, but you know what I
mean!).

But, what I always found challenging and almost inspiring was finding
solutions that the "experts" said didn't exist without code, or at least a
lot of code. That is my forte and I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of
it. :) The second best thing has been taking massive blocks of code and
reducing them, by a lot -- I am always astounded by the general lack of care
given "logic" in most code.

Susan H.

"It's my experience that coming up with an elegant solution is deeply
satisfying at an entirely different level; it feels closer to art than
technology. And elegance always pays off; it's not a frivolous pursuit. Not
only does it give you a program that's easier to build and debug, but it's
also easier to understand and maintain, and that's where the financial value
lies."

Thinking in C++, 2nd ed. Volume 1
C2000 by Bruce Eckel