[AccessD] No Macro--> Security

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 20 22:03:13 CST 2006

I think it's the Access security level that gets changed in that
Macro-->Security dialog box.  The first two machines at first opened the
app in what the user call a 'safe mode' (read only of the
tables;couldn't update any records), and after adjusting the security
level, Access allowed read/write.  On the third machine, however, there
is not security option in the Macro sub-menu.

I suspect, and told him that he probably needs to do a custom re-install
of Access adding the feature that controls this.  But that was just a
guess.  When I install Office, I always just install everything (run all
from my computer).  Doesn't take up much more space.  I started doing
that after several annoying updates for features that didn't get
included in the typical install.

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin