[AccessD] FYI: Good news - VBA in Office 12 and beyond...

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 07:29:10 CST 2006

Gustav

Here is a bit of DAO which loads a value into a new Access datatype
called Attachment which allows you to save several attachments.

Dim rsEmployees As DAO.Recordset
Dim rsPictures As DAO.Recordset
Set db = CurrentDb

' Get the parent recordset
Set rsEmployees = db.OpenRecordset("Table1")

'Put the parent record into edit mode
rsEmployees.Edit

'Get the attachment recordset
Set rsPictures = rsEmployees.Fields("AttachmentCell").Value

'Set first attachment to loaded picture
rsPictures.Edit
rsPictures.Fields("FileData").LoadFromFile ("C:\test.jpg")
rsPictures.Update

' Update the parent record
rsEmployees.Update

Martin