[AccessD] Hacking MDE (was Creating a demo Access app?)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Feb 25 16:52:08 CST 2006

<<<
I'm still convinced I'll do a better job than some sorry hacker.

Penn,

I'm not making tragedy with this special case - yes, no doubt, I can do
better job than some sorry hackers, as you say - what I'm saying is:

- this copycat case of MS Access/VB6 add-ins is an obvious impudent case I
have never seen before;
- MS Access/VB6 add-ins' customers are worldwide customers not customers
like you mention and when a third party company uses copycat software with
dumping prices this may undermine all the efforts and investments of the
original software company and make it bankrupt;
- when you program add-ins it's important to find a good selling idea and
implement it - and these are big investments - when this is done and
published copycatting would take 1/10th or less of the original efforts and
when a big copycat company is dumping against a small hardworking team then
this is bad to say the least because it spoils this World...

Shamil