[AccessD] Hacking MDE (was Creating a demo Access app?)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Mon Feb 27 11:37:35 CST 2006

>  It's not even really undocumented.  No where does it say you can't use
> OLE
> against a MDE (or course it doesn't say that either, so I suppose you
> might
> call it undocumented).
Jim,

Unfortunately there is much easier way than OLE against running MDE...

<<<
> just that no one had bothered
> to do it because of the size of the task vs. the worth

Somebody bothered to write VB6 decompiler mentioned here a while ago.
Was writing this decompiler worth the trouble?
There is no answer because they hide their coordinates.
But they are making it better.
And my guess it was used to copycat interfaces of the software, which I
talked here about.
VBA p-code can be easily extracted from mde.
The unknowns who are developing VB6 decompiler know that for sure I think.
They can succeed with VBA decompiler as they did with VB6 one.

Shamil