[AccessD] Sub Report not going into Two Columns

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Feb 28 16:44:20 CST 2006

The report is a column of text boxes with the control source being
set to a string (eg ="This is a sample string").  Because of the
varying size of the strings, and different printers format report
text slightly differently, I have set the text boxes to a height of
1, and set the Can Grow property to Yes.

When the report is viewed itself the text boxes snake down the first
column of the first page, then the second column of the first page,
then to the first column of the second page.  This is what I want.

However, when I use the report as a sub report to another report
(along with a number of other sub reports) it stays at one column.

The main report page settings (Column Tab) is set to one column
(because other reports are full width), column size width 19.5.

The sub report page settings (Column tab) is set to 2 columns, row
spacing 0, column spacing 0.3, column size width 9, column layout
down then across. Changing to across then down has the effect of the
sub report not snaking over two columns when run on its own, nor in
the main report.

David.