[AccessD] Saving Phonenumber format in Outlook

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Jan 3 03:40:14 CST 2006

Hapyy New Year to you all.
May your wishes (and mine) come true :-)

Here's my question.

I'm using in VBA the ContactItem object to save or edit a phonenumber
from a contact.

I set my phonenumber in international format so when I synchronyse my
Outlook contacts with my GSM/Mobile phone I can dial from any country.

As you now the international format is
+ sign (international dialing) - country code - zone (without leading
zero) - phonenumber.
Example: +3216296404

When setting a contact phonenumber to "+3216296404" outlook changes it
to "+32 16296404" with a space between the country code and
zone+phonenumber.

Whats the big deal you would say, well the problem is that it also
synchonyses that way to my mobile phone.
This is not a problem for dialing out, but when when someone calls me,
the incoming phonenumber is not recognised in the mobiles database due
to that added space.

Is there a way I can make Outlook save the phonenumber without that
space.
I can remove the space when having a linked table in Access to Outlook,
So why can I not remove thet space from within VBA?

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/onsgezin

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>