[AccessD] Rescue a corrupted database

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Jan 27 12:00:38 CST 2006

Can anyone provide some tips on things to try to rescue a database, or tools
or services that purport to do this?
It's the client of a friend and colleague of mine. The last known good
backup of the database is two months old (don't go there! I gasped too!
Hell, I do more than one backup a day!), and allegedly very few rows have
been added, but many rows have changed. Allegedly they have the information
available in some form (paper maybe, I don't know) that would enable them to
re-key the changes. So this breaks down to the cost of repairing the
database versus the cost of re-keying the changes.
TIA,
Arthur,
Son of Uther Pendragon,
Defeater of the Saxons,