[AccessD] universal hyper link

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 5 17:40:45 CST 2006

Well I would just use relative addressing of the excel file
Assuming the backend mdb and excel files are in the same folder on the
new folder
You can obtain the file and path of your backend by parsing out the Connect
property of one of your linked tables.  Then just tack on this path to
your excel file

For example:

   Dim ConnectStr As String
    Dim db As Database
  Set db = CurrentDb
    db.TableDefs.Refresh
   ConnectStr = db.TableDefs("MyTable").Connect

You would get a string something like:
   ;DATABASE=C:\MyPath\MyDB.mdb
or

;DATABASE=\\Jaxnt54\Callboard\Database2K\TransCallboard_be.mdb

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.