[AccessD] A2K - Unzip and append from CD

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 10 05:20:54 CST 2006

Hi Reuben

Can't you create a small VB, VBScript or Access app that does this?

Mr. Colby has some zip routines I believe, or study here:

  http://www.zlib.net/

or have a control (not free) to do the dirty work:

  http://www.chilkatsoft.com/zip-activex.asp

or simply run a command line tool like unzip.exe:

  http://www.mame.net/downmain.html

/gustav

>>> reuben at gfconsultants.com 09-01-2006 20:51 >>>
I need to append data to a table in Access.

However, the data is in a zipped txt file on a CD.

Anyone, have a way to allow the user to browse to the proper file, unzip it,
and insert the data into Access in one motion?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
812.523.1017