[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 12:12:14 CST 2006

But the SysCmd does work for me Gustav. I see it working, compilng and
saving. My problem's almost the very reverse as far as I can see. My
references all show as ok. Nothing broken. Nothing failing to compile.
Nothing to mend. It's just that something flipping well crashes despite
that. And, as I said, it's when the MDB has been decompiled and therefore my
Syscmd runs that everything works (see my post that begins "Well it's not an
issue anyway"). My problems come when I exit and then reload the
by-now-compiled MDB. Any ideas?

Any ideas from anyone who's ben following this?

Yours desperately

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk

1034.html

Note the extended test for broken references.

/gustav

>>> andy at minstersystems.co.uk 10-01-2006 14:52:32 >>>
I've listed below the results of running ListRefs on the two machines. At
first I thought they were identical, but there is one difference in the path
to the Outlok library. Under W98 this is

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\msoutl9.olb

whereas W2K has the old-fashioned DOS'y path of

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office\msoutl9.olb

Surely this is not significant. It can't be, can it?

The other thing I thought odd was that the DAO 3.5 reference returns a
.Major and .Minor of 4.0 not 3.5, but then again it's the same on both
machines.