[AccessD] Access97 on W2000 crashes

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jan 11 08:23:43 CST 2006

Hi Andy

OK, thanks. Interesting.
The trick may (or rather must) be that you run this code from a macro at start. I will try that, though not now (busy with real work).
All my testing at that time was done with A97.

/gustav

>>> andy at minstersystems.co.uk 11-01-2006 12:11 >>>
Well I'm not doing anything clever but it is working. And yes, if I exit and
reopen the app the compile is greyed out. The code I call at the start is
below. The sequence is that the desktop icon runs the mdb with a /X to run a
specific macro. The macro calls a function to handle all my starting up
stuff, and that, fairly early on, calls the Recompile function.

Function Recompile
If Application.IsCompiled = False Then
Call SysCmd(504, 16483)
End If
End Function

So, if I decompile and run my icon it recompiles and saves (and you can
watch the progress meters). If I exit and then run again it does not now
recompile. Is that unusual?

Bear in ind this is A97. Don't know if your experience is on later versions.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk