[AccessD] Tying Outlook appointments into Access

Tue Jan 17 09:33:55 CST 2006

Take a look at...

http://www.helenfeddema.com/access.htm

Item # 67 "Working with the Outlook Object Model"

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Colby
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 3:26 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'; Tech - Database
Advisors Inc.
Subject: [AccessD] Tying Outlook appointments into Access

I have finally broken down and decided to make a major push to use outlook
appointments for scheduling my client work.  In order to make this work
however I need to be able to create the appointment in Outlook and have it
create a dummy billing (time) record in my billing database, and if I delete
or drag the edges of the appointment around, have it modify my billing
records.  I know how to automate outlook, get it instantiated and watch
events etc, but I have never fiddled with anything but messages and
attachments.

Does anyone have example code for doing this kind of stuff, particularly the
"dragging of appointment times".  Done correctly I could make appointments,
then as the time comes to do the work, I could go in to the appointment and
fill in the work done right in outlook and have the data transferred to my
billing program.

Anyone?