[AccessD] BE Relinker

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Jan 17 12:34:45 CST 2006

I posted a while back, on something that would be a 'seamless' relinker.
You can 'search' a subnet with UDP, which is very fast (split second on a
subnet with over a thousand IPs on it), and have a 'service' that listens
for that UDP broadcast, and replies with requested information.  ie, FE on
home network, broadcasts and hits the service on your home network, which
tells the FE where the backends on your home network are.  FE relinks to
backend.  You modify the FE, send it to client.  Client opens FE, again, FE
finds the service on clients network, which tells the FE where to relink
it's tables too.

Would be pretty easy to setup, let me know if you would be interested.

Drew