[AccessD] Source Code Control

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:11:39 CST 2006

On 1/17/06, Charlotte Foust <cfoust at infostatsystems.com> wrote:
> The sourcesafe handling of Access is completely different from Word
> because unless you try to add it from outside, as you do with other
> application files.  I've heard all the horror stories about sourcesafe,
> but for many, if not most, independent developers, it is the cheapest
> alternative because it comes with the ODE, and I personally have not
> seen the corruption problems more than once in the years I've worked
> with it.  In that case, that's what backups were for. <g>

I'm confused, so it only allows diff'ing if you have the plug-in to
Access, but if you add it from explorer it still acts like a binary
file?

You really should try out SubVersion. I like it ALOT and it's really
easy to create branches and other things for multiple development
stems from one base file.

--
Josh McFarlane
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."