[AccessD] Read External File for Path String

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 19 04:10:08 CST 2006

Hi Dan

Or use the registry. This is what it is for.
Susan just wrote an article on this (hidden somewhere for the public, I guess) but it's quite easy if you use:

SaveSetting(..) and GetSetting(..)

/gustav

>>> dwaters at usinternet.com 19-01-2006 01:37:53 >>>
Hello Everyone,

I just spent half the day struggling with the movement of a system from one
server to another.  The server path is hardcoded in one place in a startup
form.  What would have helped me a lot is to have the path in a text file or
ini file external to the database and stored in the same folder.

Security is not an issue here, just my convenience, as my plans for the day
were pretty much blown up!

Using a file for information like this sounds like it might be a fairly
typical solution.  Does anyone do this or something like it?

Thanks!
Dan Waters