[AccessD] Syntax for seeing named range in excel

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jan 21 07:42:02 CST 2006

Hi John

I think it is only the update/append feature the patent covers.
Though I'm not sure ... I've managed not to install the latest servicepacks and have no intention to do so.

But did you check this class module out:

Can't write to an Excel spreadsheet
http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/htdig/accessd/2006-January/040857.html

I haven't tested it as I have no current Excel projects.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com 21-01-2006 13:48:20 >>>
I guess my confusion now is how does this whole process work in practice.

I thought that the "patent" issue was one of "linking to spreadsheets was
illegal", but manipulating them programmatically was OK.  Thus I could not
create a link, it just wouldn't even let me do it, but I could write a
program to open a spreadsheet and do whatever I wanted to it in code.  If
that is true then I can open / update / close / open / update / close a
spreadsheet all I wanted to IN CODE.  If that is NOT true then the first
time I close it I am screwed and have to start all over.

What is the truth here?