[AccessD] Can't create ADE file b/c of file size -- need"lightweight" forms?

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Jan 23 11:24:30 CST 2006

Lightweight means get rid of the code module if there is no code behind
forms.  Forms and reports also open faster if you do that.

For programmers there are darned few forms where this works however.

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Susan Geller
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 11:31 AM
To: accessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Can't create ADE file b/c of file size --
need"lightweight" forms?

I have an application that I create as an adp and release as an ade (same
concept as mde) about 2-3 times per year. With this latest version, I can't
create an ADE file.  In searching the MS KB, I found this article:

which suggests that the reason is b/c the file as grown too large. I'm sure
that is the reason.  One suggested workaround is to use "lightweight" forms
and reports.  What does that mean?  Any other work arounds?

--Susan

Susan B. Geller
Office of Information Systems
College of Continuing Education