[AccessD] Setting data into and getting data from Named Range s

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 24 04:14:20 CST 2006

Hi Shamil

That's a nice and clean solution with the disconnected dataset. Thanks.

But what is a "large recordset"? Isn't Excel limited to 65536 rows?
Would it be faster to link such a large range as a table in Access? That's what I use but I've never handled recordsets this way with more 100 rows.

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 24-01-2006 01:03 >>>
John,

Have a look here is a generic code to get data to ms excel worksheet
from MS Access database and to save data to MS Access db from ms excel
worksheet using disconnected ADO recordsets. This sample uses arrays
because an MS Excel range value is in fact a variant array. It shouldn't
be used with very large source recordsets but as far as I understood you
will not have such recordsets...