[AccessD] Setting data into and getting data from Named Range s

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 24 12:32:49 CST 2006

Hi Shamil

Well, I just wondered .. 65K records isn't much for ADO and Access.

Yes, to avoid linking is the goal as the servicepacks blocks update and append.
However, reading is still possible and if that is, say, 10 fold faster than reading a range from Excel with your class it could be considered an option to mix the two techniques. I have no idea .. perhaps it is the other way around: For reading, your class is faster than linking??

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 24-01-2006 18:36:28 >>>
Hi Gustav,

Yes, MS Excel worksheet is limited to have 65536 rows and 256 columns
AFAIK...

"large recordset" is a relative term - it all depends of course - it
should be small enough to fit a certain application reqirements for
processing speed - for one application it can be 10 rows, for another -
10000 rows....

As for linking MS Excel worksheet range as an MS Access table - as far
as I understood the main question/task to solve of this thread was to
NOT use linked MS Excel worksheets because of licensing troubles...

Shamil