[AccessD] Setting data into and getting data from Named Range s

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Tue Jan 24 13:12:17 CST 2006

Gustav,

My guess is that linking an MS Excel range and then reading it row by
row will be slower than getting whole range into array at once.

Another question is what is more suitable for a certain task:

- flexibility of reading MS Excel worksheet's range data using DAO/ADO
recordsets or
- speed of getting all the data of an MS Excel range into an in memory
array?

Of course for small data sets MS Excel instance start-up and workbook
opening will "eat" all the gains of getting MS Excel range into in
memory array...

Shamil