[AccessD] A2K - Duplex Printing

Tue Jan 31 16:34:25 CST 2006

If you want to do this yourself then this is one approach.

Generate a sorted recordset
Loop though the recordset and add every odd numbered record to a temporary
table (which the report will be bound to)
Print the report, which will show every other record.
Tell the user to reload the paper upside down in the printer.
Empty the temporary table
Loop though the records and add every even record to the temporary table
Print the report again (on the back of the paper).

HTH

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Dan Waters
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:24 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] A2K - Duplex Printing

Hi Reuben,

Duplex printing is typically a function of the printer, not your software.

For example, I have an HP Photosmart 1215.  I've had it for 3 years, but
just recently bought the mechanical attachment which allows duplex printing.
The toggle switch to turn the duplex printing on and off is in the
properties window for the printer.  So if I print anything that is two pages
long, and the printer is set for double-sided printing, it will
automatically print two sides, no matter what the source of the document
was.

Hope this helps!
Dan