[AccessD] Open Access from another Access prog

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Jul 27 23:08:11 CDT 2006

Group,

(AccessXP)

I have a database (dbMerge) that merges customers from two separate
databases (dbOne and dbTwo) so that users can search one list to see
which database a customer is in.  The record includes the database
the customer comes from and the Primary Key.

I would like to be able to click on a customer's record in dbMerge
and do the following:

1) Check if the Access program (dbOne or dbTwo) that the customer is
in is already open in another instance of Access.  Open it in a
separate instance of Access if it is not (leaving dbMerge open).
2) Switch to the Access program that has the customer details.
3) Open up the customer form, then go to the customer's record.

Any guidance of where I can find some code for any of these steps?