[AccessD] Meet VBA's Replacement

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 14 14:36:44 CDT 2006

I ran this code with VB 2005 Express  vs Office 2007 Word
just had to set a .Net reference to MS.Word.interop.
Didn't need installed PIA's.

It takes 45 seconds to run initially.
Partly due to VB express phoning home to MS.
If I was running Access 2003 to Automate word on this machine
it would be 20-30 seconds to start up Word.

If I rerun a debug session it takes 5 or 6 seconds
If I don't close Word session, it takes less than 1 second.

However I do get this warning message in debug.
Don't know the cause.

A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

I am running on a laptop 1.8 ghz and 512 Ram
plus I had IE and internet radio station running at same time.
Listening to BBC on Lebanon crisis.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.