[AccessD] CDOSYS

Max Home max at sherman.org.uk
Tue Jul 18 15:07:18 CDT 2006

Hi Gustav,

1. Within Outlook I can Set up a Pop3 Email Account to retrieve email from a
web based Server. I can reply to these emails using Outlook and SMTP. I can
also send these replies using CDOSYS (based on Marty's program) thus
AVOIDING using Outlook and it's absurd security (which I bypass using
ClickYes) but this is s.l.o.w. for large email groupings.

2. Within Outlook I can Set up an IMAP Email Account to retrieve email from
a web based Server (web mail).  I can reply to these emails from within
Outlook which will also synchronize the emails with those sitting on the web
server (web mail).  What I CANNOT DO and what I would like to do is to send
IMAP based emails without using Outlook and the reason is that there is
nowhere within Marty's program to tell it to use SSL (which is a requirement
of the server hosting the web mail) or to tell it which ports to use.

I hope the above clarifies my needs.  I apologize to all for any confusion
and regret not having explained it properly in the first place.  It would
appear that there is no easy/cheap option here.

Thanks

Regards
Max