[AccessD] OT - VB6 Loop Through All Forms & Controls

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Jul 20 07:12:47 CDT 2006

Damn,

I hate being SO wrong...  lol
Glad I don't do much VB6 anymore.

Cheers

Michael M

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Maddison
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2006 10:01 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT - VB6 Loop Through All Forms & Controls

 Hi Paul,

Not much traffic because VB6 is on the way out.
If you can't find anything in google then I think you are out of luck.

VB doesn't have a Forms collection like Access does.
You could create a collection of forms but you would need to add them
manually...
And if your going to do that then theres really no need ;-))) Scratch #1

Vb controls are not usually bound.
It is possible using the 'data controls' but back when they were
introduced the Hard core programmers scoffed at binding controls so not
many people used em.
Now in .Net everything is bound...lol

I'll assume that your controls are bound and have data in the DataField
property.
No controls collection I'm afraid either.  Control arrays yes, but doubt
that will help you...
What I would do is open the frm file for each form and parse the text
looking for DataField.
Or I would give up :-)

cheers

Michael M