[AccessD] Oracle number changes to Decimal in Access 2k & 2003

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:22:31 CDT 2006

Are you using a Make Table query to copy the Oracle Data out? You
could predefine a table in the Access Database and then do an Append
query instead and then the numeric fields will have the format you are
looking for. Or you could have a query for the Oracle tables that uses
a ReformattedFieldName:CLng([fieldname]) in it to conver to Long or
CDbl to convert to Double and then use that query as the source to
your make table or append or the export to text.

Good luck,

GK