[AccessD] Remove mulipule vbCrlf From the end of a string?

Max Home max at sherman.org.uk
Mon Jul 31 12:26:51 CDT 2006

Yes, didn't read your string requirements properly - sorry, my fault.  Here
are 2 alternatives (Using your string example).  Hope they help.

Regards
Max

Function DropDoubleVBCRLF() As String
  Dim str As String
  str = "Service Order # 67468 On a True 3 Door Prep Table M # TSSU-72-18" &
vbCrLf & _
      "Invoice Date: 4/27/2006" & vbCrLf & _
      "Invoice Total: 105.79" & vbCrLf & _
      "Customers Complaint: Replace condensate pan" & vbCrLf & _
      "" & vbCrLf & _
      "Services/Notes Performed: Install Drain Pan & 3 Clips Tested Ok JB" &
vbCrLf & _
      "" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & vbCrLf
  MsgBox str & vbCrLf & Len(str)

  GoTo Option2 'or option1?

Option1:
  ' Option 1 - remove all repeating doubles of vbcrlf
  Do While InStr(str, vbCrLf & vbCrLf) > 0
    str = Replace(str, vbCrLf & vbCrLf, vbCrLf)
  Loop
  str = Left(str, (InStrRev(str, vbCrLf) - 1))
  MsgBox str & vbCrLf & Len(str)
  GoTo done

Option2:
  ' Option 2 - keeps embedded double of vbcrlf and trims the end.
  str = Trim(str)
  Do While Right(str, 2) = vbCrLf
    str = Left(str, InStrRev(str, vbCrLf) - 1)
  Loop
  MsgBox str & vbCrLf & Len(str)

done:
  DropDoubleVBCRLF = str