[AccessD] LDBView

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Thu Jun 29 09:24:38 CDT 2006

Does anyone have something like LDBView for 2000 (or newer) databases?  We
recently converted from Office 97 to Office 2003, and have a few of our
databases (even very stable ones) get corrupted several times in the last
week and a half.  LDBView would tell me who corrupted a 97 database, but it
doesn't work correctly with Access 2000 and up.  Everything I have found on
Google so far points to an MSKB article which has code to get a schema
through ADO, to see who is in a database.  That's all well and good, but it
doesn't work if the db is corrupt, because it can't connect to it.  I even
created an app that stayed 'in' the database, and when it went corrupt, the
code from MS didn't show who corrupted it.

I am about halfway through creating a new LDBView, but it's involving a lot
of guess work and reverse engineering.  Getting a little tired of walking up
hill with this, so if anyone has something prebuilt, it would be much
appreciated!

Drew