[AccessD] Recording Time

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Fri Jun 2 09:48:24 CDT 2006

Hi Folks:

I have an app that tracks time spent on various activities (production,
cleaning, etc.).

I'd appreciate some opinions on the best ways to record the time spent.
Basically, we're looking at hours and minutes spent, usually something like
four hours, 15 minutes. I considered having the app record the time as: 4.25
(4 hrs 15 minutes), but this approach seems to confuse some of the users.

Another approach would be to use two text boxes to collect hours and
minutes, then convert and store the data as minutes. (I could use a display
format to convert the minutes into something like: 4:15).

Any ideas on best practices for storing this type of data?

Thanks in advance!

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com