[AccessD] OT SMTP Local Server

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jun 8 11:53:16 CDT 2006

Hi Borge

If you are running the SMTP Service of Windows (from the IIS install) you should be able to turn on logging and study.
Still, I would run Popcorn (create a folder for each account you need to test. Copy the exe to every folder), adjust the settings, test, and study the log.
If Popcorn works, the SMTP service is somehow misconfigured; you may simply need to increase the time out setting of this.

/gustav

>>> pcs at azizaz.com 08-06-2006 18:31 >>>
Gustav,

 1) C:\>telnet dommail.onthenet.com.au 25  works OK
 2) telnet call to 127.0.0.1 25 works OK as well.

 So  with that, can we conclude that the ISP that I'm connecting  through here
in Shanghai allows for communication through port 25 and that the problem issue
is with my laptop and local smtp setup?

Also, thanks John and Jim for your suggestions.
Had a look at www.dnsexit.com but their smtp server requires authentication -
does not work with TAE (FMS will add this functionality in future release).
So far I've been able to use my 'home' isp smtp by using their port 9025 - but
this works only with my outlook express as my home isp smtp requires
authentication. For the Access application with TAE we need an smtp server with
'open' relay, i.e. no authentication required. Hence the need for testing out
using the local smtp server on my local pc - using port 25 .... but the problem
here is the emails wont leave the queue folder of the local smtp server......
why?
regards
borge