[AccessD] Two Questions

Karen Rosenstiel karenr7 at oz.net
Sat Jun 10 09:47:27 CDT 2006

 I am making a database to track the dictation information on about 2,500
medical staff. This is to track and assign dictation ID codes so they can
dictate medical records into the online dictation system for transcription.

1. The dictation ID code is 5 digits long. It has to be unique and increment
by 1 each time I add a new staff person's data. (And no, it is not the PK --
that much I know!)How to?

2. I have a couple thousand of these records in a really crummy Excel spread
sheet that needs a lot of cleanup. I can suck the data right straight into
an Access table, but if I want to split off a sub table for the phone
numbers and a few other fields, what are the steps to do that? Is there any
online documentation about it?

TIA

Regards,

Karen Rosenstiel