[AccessD] Class Rebuttal was: Basic Unbound Form ...

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Jun 12 16:39:10 CDT 2006

On 12 Jun 2006 at 16:17, Josh McFarlane wrote:

> I'd be interested in seeing this instance where an unprotected global
> variable has to exist.

Not has to, but is simplest.

In many of my VB apps which connect to an SQL Server, I store connection
details in an ini file (we can discuss ini files v registry at some other
time <g>).   On startup, I read the ini file and built a global connection
string which I use in ADO recordsets throughout the application.

Sure, the string *could* be modified anywhere in the application, but there
is absolutely no reason to and it is a much cleaner solution that any of
the alternatives.

--
Stuart