[AccessD] Class Rebuttal was: Basic Unbound Form ...

Kenneth Ismert kismert at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 13 13:20:07 CDT 2006

Drew,

Dude, I said you were right too! I simply accept that these two views
can both be correct at the same time.

Neither side has answered the other's challenges. The global side
hasn't shown a real-world example where a naked global variable is the
only practical solution, and the local side can't come up with an
example where public variables in class modules cause problems.

For what it's worth, for small classes that have only properties, I use
public variables. That's mainly when I'm chafing at the limitation of
not being able to use UDT's in collections.

But when I am making a class with methods or code behind properties, I
take the time to write the 'proper' getters and setters.

Now both sides can hate me ;)

-Ken