[AccessD] Moving to SQL Server

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jun 13 16:18:40 CDT 2006

For me, the best choice would be to allow the developer to choose.
However, in a very large application, that could become quite a burden,
so it would be nice if there were some intelligent groupings you could
use, like queries in objects or nested queries, for example.  Simple
queries can become views.  Parameter queries have to be stored
procedures or UDFs.  The developer should have to specify queries to
convert to UDFs but nested queries should be handled as a group and
converted to a single SP or UDF without the developer having to do all
the donkey work.

I'd prefer an optional wizard with developer override.

Charlotte Foust