[AccessD] One Question (Was Two Questions)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jun 13 22:48:21 CDT 2006

On 13 Jun 2006 at 20:27, Karen Rosenstiel wrote:
> Now I've got an unbound text box with the following code:
>
> SELECT tStaff.StaffID, [LanierID] & " -- " & [LastName] &
> IIf(IsNull([FirstName]),"",", " & [FirstName]) AS Lanier FROM tStaff
> ORDER BY [LanierID] DESC;
>
> I think the answer is probably going to be no, but... Is there a way I
> can mark in the unbound box when the numbers go out of sequence.
>
> In other words:
>
> 13888
> -------------------> Is there some way to put a line here or different
> colored text or some kind of marker so that the users can can see at a
> glance what the next highest sequential number shuld be? 12347 12346
> 12345

I resume this is in a continuous form.

Performance may not be good, but you could try a "conditional format" on the textbox.
Something like
IF LanierID <> dmax("LanierID","tStaff","LanierID < " & LanierID) +1

This would conditionally format if there is a gap in numbering between this number and the
next lower one.