[AccessD] Excel Disable/Enable

Wed Jun 14 10:57:34 CDT 2006

Sounds like you may have left a module in the Excel file. Even though there
is no code, the presence of a module will trigger Excel's warning message.

Open the file and hit Alt-F11 to open the VBA editor. Select View/Project
Explorer (if it's not already visible) and look for the branch of the tree
representing your Excel file. Check if there are any modules under that
branch. If so, right-click then and select 'Remove Module'.  That should to
the trick.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bob Heygood
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 11:08 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Excel Disable/Enable

Hello to the list,

I am using an Excel file to gather info for a db.
At first I created all manner of neat VBA within the .xls file. Then the
client decided he did not want to have the able/disable macros warning come
up when the users opened the .xls file. So I learned more than I ever wanted
to know about Excel and accomplished what was necessary without the VBA.

Issue:
Even tho I deleted all the code and all the macros, the .xls file still
gives me the warning about disable/enable macros.

I tried to import to a new .xls file.
I looked for a setting similar to the Access "has module".
Both to no avail.

TIA

Bob Heygood
AUGSD