[AccessD] Access 2007 and Stored Procedure Problem

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Jun 15 14:04:58 CDT 2006

Working in Access 2007

This is driving me nuts and making me feel really silly.

Re code last night. I have something simple here. An SQL Server 2005 SP whcih is a basic select statement.

I execute it as shown last night and trying to use the results as the recordset for the form. Whatever I try to do this only returns a single record - as it seems. The move next fails to work at all and returns Object required.

Does anyone have a simple working example of this. I need something I know is working to use as a base line.I get the feeling that this is either Access 2007 or SQL Server 2005.

I have tried commands, execute into recordsets, last nights code and no joy with anyof this. If I simply use the SP as the record source of the form its fine. If I execute it outside the form its fine. But nothing I seem to do in code will work.

I am beginning to feel somewhat silly with this. As I have done this many times.

Of course the problem could be me !

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit