[AccessD] Corruption Scenario

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Fri Jun 16 10:20:24 CDT 2006

Hi Folks:

I'm trying to troubleshoot an intermittent corruption scenarion and was
wondering if anyone had any opinions ...

Application is designed in frontend (on users local machine) - backend(
stored on fileserver) format, using Access XP format for both frontend and
backend. Corruption occurs when user is editing an existing record.

I just discovered, however, that the network backup is running at the same
time that these corruption errors have occurred ... Since the backend is
stored on the network and is included in backup schedule, if the backup hit
the file while they were editing the record ... Could this be the cause of
the corruption?

I've run office update, checked to make sure that the jet versions are
up-to-date.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.