[AccessD] Corruption Scenario

Fri Jun 16 11:05:13 CDT 2006

This could indeed be the cause. In the past I have copied a live backend to
my local drive and found that the working live file was corrupted. Getting
all the users to log out and then running a Compact and Repair fixed the
trouble. I never make such copies during the working day now. My backup
routine is now scheduled to take place when no users are in the system.

Time to talk to the network admins.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Lawrence Mrazek
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 11:20 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Corruption Scenario

Hi Folks:

I'm trying to troubleshoot an intermittent corruption scenarion and was
wondering if anyone had any opinions ...

Application is designed in frontend (on users local machine) - backend(
stored on fileserver) format, using Access XP format for both frontend and
backend. Corruption occurs when user is editing an existing record.

I just discovered, however, that the network backup is running at the same
time that these corruption errors have occurred ... Since the backend is
stored on the network and is included in backup schedule, if the backup hit
the file while they were editing the record ... Could this be the cause of
the corruption?

I've run office update, checked to make sure that the jet versions are
up-to-date.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.