[AccessD] SQL and Access

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sat Jun 17 17:35:02 CDT 2006

...depends on their transaction level on the site ...an mdb is limited to ~1
transaction per second or maybe 20 site users (given that they're not all
hitting the submit button at the same time) ...anything above that traffic
level would need SQL Server or equivalent ...imnsho :)

...in-house, less than 20-25 db users and they're ok with an mdb assuming
its decently designed ...more than 25 and its time to step up ...in actual
practice I put clients with anything more than 3 users on Small Business
Server with mdb be's and start moving them to SQL Server at 11 users or
above.

...but the administration of any client-server db is significantly more time
intensive than an mdb and is a major consideration when working with smaller
clients ...if they don't have a potential dba in-house, I certainly don't
want to be burdened with that type of work any more than necessary ...and
I'll keep them on an mdb much longer than otherwise.

William