[AccessD] DAO,VBA,A2K7?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jun 18 12:19:39 CDT 2006

Hi William

Thanks. I realize now that I've never used the Decimal type for a field - Currency, Double or even Single have proven fine for the purposes.
Now I know what to avoid.

But one wonder how much it would take for the team to kill that bug. It can't (shouldn't) be much more than doing it.

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 18-06-2006 18:28 >>>
Gustav

...SELECT MyField FROM MyTable ORDER BY MyField DESC;

...make MyField a Decimal type ...enter test data including negatives,
positives, nulls, and zeros and sort in descending order ...in A2K and later
negative values will appear first followed by the positive ones ...nulls and
zeros sort unpredictably, at the beginning, middle or end, depending on the
data.

...note that Allen Brown has a sample mdb demonstrating this on his site.

William