[AccessD] email from outlook

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jun 18 21:24:55 CDT 2006

On 18 Jun 2006 at 21:49, JWColby wrote:

> Stuart,
>
> I use a framework.  The framework (for example) has an error log which
> logs program errors, both framework and application.  I need a way to
> email these error logs out to the dba, either on a critical
> (application) error or "every day" etc.  Of course I can set up the
> framework for the environment that I am currently working in, however
> I am trying to make this "automatic", so that anyone trying to use the
> framework (other developers) can just drop it in and go.  I do not
> want the developer to have to "configure" the framework in order to
> get email sent out.  They should just be able to call a send method of
> the framework and know that the mail will be delivered.

You haven't answered my question :-)

If you want to send using the email client, then a simple call to DocmdSendObject will do it.

If you want to send SMTP, you can include a DLL like BLat.DLL and use that , use on of the
various ActiveX SMTP controls that you can find on the internet or write something yourself
which uses Winsock.  The third option gets fairly involved.